A clustered arrangement of houses within the site to create an open, airy feel to the development.
Splendid, unparalleled views of Youghal harbour and the mouth of the Blackwater The Irish Rhine. The Comeragh mountain range are visible to the east and the Knockmealdowns are visible to the north of the site. The gradient on and layout of the site facilitates these views from all the homes in Ard Caladh.
A proven T and M Fitzgerald guarantee. This guarantee is based on the fact that only the best quality materials and craftsmanship are employed in the construction of your home.
This guarantee is also based on over twenty years experience in the construction of new homes the most recent of which are in evidence in the adjoining Cnoic Aoibhinn and Gort Aoibhinn T and M Fitzgerald developments. Residents of Ard Caladh are fortunate that the development is so conveniently close to the magnificent Youghal Strand.
This truly beautiful natural amenity is for the lucky few to enjoy, all year round, with every season, bringing it’s own unique activities – swimming, sunbathing, surfing, canoeing, sea angling or brisk walks along the 3 miles of clean golden sand. Youghal Strand, yours to enjoy, from the comfort of your new home.
A Resident of one of the homes had this to say “We have been here over a year now and can’t see ourselves moving back to the city … It is really relaxed and a better quality of life”
This is an establised development with almost half the homes complete. All homes are finished to an excellent standard with many extras included in the purchase price.
These beautiful homes are designed with an emphasis on modern urban living and incorporate many stylish and unique features of space and comfort, and would suit anyone looking for a quality home
SUPERB EXTERIOR SPECIFICATIONS
- Solid concrete construction.
- Ample and secure parking to each Home
- Matcrete paving to driveways.
- Lifetime, maintenance free, decorative finish.
- Maintenance free, pebble dash finish to exterior walls.
- Lawns prepared and seeded.
- Nicely understated brick pattern to front elevation.
- Excellent quality of finish to public areas.
- Hardwood front and rear doors with 3 point locking system.
- Double glazed windows.
- PVC fascia and soffit.
GENEROUS INTERIOR PACKAGE
- Comprehensive PC allowance package, tailored to your particular requirements.
- Solid internal doors throughout your home.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Compliant with 2007 standards in terms of insulation and energy rating.
- Zoned central heating system.
- Thermostatic valves to each radiator.
- Pre-wired for Telephone, TV and house alarm.
- Fully painted.
- Full electrical specification
Local Facilities & Access
Located off the N25, Youghal is a 30 minute drive from the Jack Lynch tunnel and a mere 25 minute commute from the Carrigtohill and Little Island Industrial Parks. Commuting times will be further reduced on completion of the Killeagh/Castlemartyr by pass which is scheduled for completion in the next few years. Ard Caladh is very conveniently located off the new by pass allowing for quick access to the N25.
- A new amalgamated secondary school with the most modern facilities and technology was opened in September 2006. This new school is within walking distance of Ard Caladh.
- A new public leisure centre was opened in October.
- Also new to Youghal in recent years are Lidl, 24 hour Tesco and Quality Hotel and leisure centre in Redbarn.
ABUNDANT IN AMENITIES
5 Km of blue flag beach. Where else can you live within easy commuting distance of Cork and still have the free advantage of 2 blue flag beaches stretching to 5Km in length right on your doorstep?
The “strand”, as it is known locally is a free, all year round amenity that will bring joy, freshness and relaxation to you and your family.
HISTORIC AND TRADITIONAL
Designated heritage town. Its tradition and origins as an historic walled port dates back to the 13th century. This tradition remains as a proud backdrop to a modern, lively and creative place to live and rear a family.
SPORTING AND CULTURAL
- 18 hole golf links course;
- Public pitch and putt course;
- Greyhound track;
- All team sports GAA, Rugby and Soccer;
- Ten pin bowling;
- Public children’s playground;
- Fishing on the Blackwater and Irish sea;
- All forms of watersports and a burgeoning cultural aspect to the town life through initiatives like “Youghal through the Ages”
- Arts festival held during the summer months
With fantastic beaches, great places to stay, loads to see and do, Youghal has been a favoured holiday destination for over 100 years and is right in the centre of the sunny south coast of Ireland.
The beauty of the setting is the first thing that strikes you about Youghal. The town nestling on the banks of the majestic Blackwater river as it reaches the sea. Familes and kids will love the beaches, Youghal being the only town in Ireland with not one, but two, beaches that have been awarded EU BLue Flags.
Everyone will enjoy the entertainments of Youghal town, famous restaurants, pubs, shops and of course the sights of this National Heritage gem. There’s also spectacular golf courses, river boat trips, fishing, walking and much more. Youghal is so central that everywhere in the south of Ireland is just a day trip away. Being so close to two international airports, ferries and main roads, Youghal is easier to reach than other Irish resorts in West Cork or Kerry, and yet Youghal has not been spoiled by over-development. Youghal is still a real seaside community – friendly and welcoming.